October Meeting & Updates
Our October meeting sponsor cancelled; however, the amazing Beth Grace came up with an excellent back up option for an unsponsored meeting in which Paula Russel has agreed to come speak on vaccines. Afterwards will be time for discussion of current events and networking for our members and students. Here are the details for the meeting:
- Date & Time: Tuesday 10/23 @ 6pm
- Location: Mad Taco on University Dr.
Additionally, it's with great sadness that I must announce our Vice President, Jana Kimberlin will be stepping down from her position to focus on spending more time with her family. The next time you see her, please thank her for her dedication to serving as VP for our group. With that said, please consider nominating yourself or someone else (with their permission) to consider this position. Here's an excerpt from our by-laws regarding the responsibilities of this position:
- Plans monthly membership meetings with President
- Serves as the contact person for potential program sponsorship
- Assumes the responsibilities of the President if she/he is not available
- Serves a two year term, beginning in even years
Please consider serving in this position and do not hesitate to contact me, or any of the board members to discuss this opportunity. I'll be available at next week's meeting if you'd like to talk in person.
I hope to see everyone next week!